Thursday, August 22, 2013

My favorite website

The software that I am familiar with is:
Microsoft Office

My favorite website is quora.com. It serves as an online portal whereby users can post questions and receive answers from experts and other knowledgeable users in the relevant domain. It allows them to choose from various topics like food, education, health, science, sports etc and browse through questions and answers posted by others alongside producing original content. It serves as an immense pool of knowledge from which users can choose and pick elements that interest them.

I like quora because of the vast range of topics that are covered and the quality of answers that comes as a product of the rich community that has developed around the content. On one hand people discuss numerous social, economical as well as political problems whereas on the other hand, people also share memes and jokes on relevant questions. Thus, this website provides us with a combination of humor and knowledge. Quora’s distribution channel makes sure that you view the most relevant content in your feed, which is also highly valuable.

What makes quora unique is that it encourages experts in various domains to impart their knowledge by demonstrating a need in the social community like nowhere else on the web. Readers’ feedback via votes furthers this objective to bring together a valuable social network that thrives on information.

I have contributed to quora by answering questions related to domains I am familiar with, to the best of my ability. Specifically, I have contributed to sports channels like cricket and tennis and others related to computer programming and mathematics. I believe I contribute to the website even by reading/upvoting answers and being an active part of the rich community. This provides encouragement to the answerer and completes circle of engagement Quora thrives on.

The kind of discourse on quora varies from being humorous to being educational. It solely depends on the subject matter and thus it is as variegated as the subjects are on quora.

1 comment:

  1. Quora sounds like an incredibly interesting website and seems to be fairly similar to a website that I frequent: Reddit.com. It's really quite amazing how websites can carve out their own space for specialized conversation and collaboration in so many diverse fields and areas of interest. I'm happy to hear that you contribute to the site in some way; I believe that engaging with others within one's fields of interest is a wonderful way to hone one's writing skills and to expand one's base of knowledge about a subject. I will definitely check out Quora to see what it has to offer!

    ReplyDelete